Friday, February 7, 2014

How to Write a Book and Be a Mom... at the same time?

Okay, not all the kids in the photo are mine but I do have three kids under the age of six and I'm desperately trying to figure out how to make this all work.  I used to write after my kids went to sleep but three kids leave me trying to catch my breath at the end of the day and if I can still hold my head up by the time they're asleep then opening up my computer and punching out a novel (while totally fun) tends to get nudged down the priority list (below clean the house, check my email and shave my legs...ha ha ha, as if).

So what's the answer?  How do I take care of three growing kids and finish my three book series at the same time?  Oh you probably thought this was a "How to" post.  Nope, it's a question.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow can I relate! I have 4 boys 7 and younger. I get up early, around 5, to write. I don't do it every day, and when babies were born the writing pretty much stopped. But I try to keep going. My book has taken 4 1/2 years to write and revise. Once my friend edits it for me in a week I will finally be ready to query a literary agent. So I don't have any advise. :)
    Thanks for messaging me on facebook! I'm interested in reading and review your books on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment for so long ago! I don't know if you still write or still have a blog. I have four kids now who are starting to grow up (a little) and I finally finished my last book in my Second Kiss Trilogy. You mentioned above that you'd be interested in reviewing it on your blog. If you still are you can find me at natakpalmer@gmail.com Here's a link to my books (I re-published the first two as well with some edits and new covers)
      https://www.amazon.com/s?k=second+kiss+trilogy+natalie+palmer&ref=nb_sb_noss

      Delete
  2. That's when you move to Flagstaff, so I can just come over and babysit all the time! Haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete